TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All details relating to each licensed use of an Allure Seal, including Type of License (as defined in Addendum A), license fee(s), term dates (the “Term”) and other usage details must be set forth in a “Purchase Agreement” issued by Allure or via its licensing website, https://allurelicensing.com.
These Terms and Conditions will remain in effect until the later of the expiration of each award seal (as set forth herein) or until the term end date as reflected in the Purchase Agreement.
License to use an Allure seal is only effective upon receipt of a completed Purchase Agreement and payment of the applicable License Fee(s) and all licensed use is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
Only specific products that have won an Allure Readers' Choice Award, Best of Beauty Award and/or Breakthrough Award within the past three (3) years are eligible to license and re-use the appropriate Allure award seal artwork (the “Seal”).
Upon completion of a Purchase Agreement, all parties agree to adhere to the Terms & Conditions set forth herein, including, but not limited to, all usage guidelines and restrictions as well payment of license fees to Condé Nast/Allure in the total amount shown on the Purchase Agreement.
Subject to securing such license, Brand may also use the name “Allure” for limited promotional purposes, as set forth in a Purchase Agreement (as further described below).
The Seal and the Allure name will together be referred to herein as the “Material.”
All transactions are final and noncancelable.
All licensed seal usage carries associated licensing fees. License fees are net flat fees based on Type of Usage and only for the Term, both as set forth in the Purchase Agreement. In the event a Brand requests to renew its licensed use of the Material, provided the Seal has not yet expired, the then-current pricing at the time of such renewal will apply and will be reflected in a renewal of the Purchase Agreement. (Current pricing is outlined in the Licensed Use Pricing section of Addendum A below and at the Allure Licensing website at https://allurelicensing.com.)
All Digital Advertising licensed use is not effective unless and until Brand has separately spent $25,000 on advertising with Condé Nast, unless otherwise approved in writing by the Allure team.
· Seal must not be used in conjunction with any other award seals.
· Seal may only be used by a “Brand” in connection with the exact award-winning product(s) including the winning shade/color, if applicable.
· If multiple products are being featured in a brand's advertising/marketing materials, the Seal must be placed adjacent to the winning product(s).
· All mock-ups using the Material must be approved by Condé Nast/Allure. (See Seal Approvals section below.)
· Brand shall not use a Seal other than as reflected and agreed in the Purchase Agreement.
· For any online use, when appropriate, such use must contain a hotlink to the following website: www.allure.com.
· Seals may be used in all territories as set forth in the Purchase Agreement.
· Allure logo, images, or editorial quotes may not be used in any text or creative materials without securing a separate license agreement from Conde Nast. All such usage requests should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Allure/Condé Nast must approve all mock-ups containing a licensed Seal and will release high-resolution seal artwork, upon approval of such use and provided appropriate agreements have been completed.
· When submitting your mock-up for approval, you must include a description of intended Seal use, specifically: where, when, and in what context Seal will appear.
· Any modifications to any previously approved materials require approval in each instance.
· Seals must:
- be used as originally designed (including color, font and proportions) and in its entirety;
- include the year in which the award was given;
o not overlay type, crop, retouch, or otherwise modify the Material (except as to size as noted below); and,
o include the official wording as provided by Allure and in the format set forth in the Award Name section below.
· The red used in Allure Seals must be PMS 485.
· Provided the Seal is used in its entirety, you may adjust the size of the Seal at your discretion.
· Seals are available only in the English language worldwide.
· Allure Seals expire after three years from the date they are awarded. (Please note: Purchase Agreements and licensing fees must be renewed annually for the duration of the three years.) Allure seals cannot be licensed beyond 3 years from the date the product received an award.
· The term of each license expires upon the later of the brand’s license to use the Seal or the expiration of the term of the Purchase Agreement. All use of the Seal must then immediately be ceased.
Allure does not charge a separate licensing fee for referencing the award name in text; however, Allure must approve all text mentions and Brand should use the following format as a guideline mentioning an Allure award in text:
- Format: YEAR, TYPE OF AWARD, BRAND, PRODUCT NAME (SHADE), CATEGORY (optional)
- Example: 2018 Allure Best of Beauty Award, Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer, Best Gradual Self-Tanner
Award Plaques are available for purchase separately, please contact AllureAwards@condenast.com for more information.